1. Gain at least 10 pounds.
2. Write less than 10,000 words
3. Read each query the day it arrives
4. Read less books
5. Drink more
6. Increase stress
7. Sell less books
8. Quit cooking and get hooked on fast food
9. Post even less often to LJ
10. Make more resolutions
Oh, Hahaha… you are a silly girl.
Oh, now *that’s* a great idea! Reverse Resolutions! I might actually benefit from those. 🙂
You forgot 11: Die.
That is fantastic. You’ve totally inspired me.
[:: waves pom poms ::]
You can doo eet!
Hey, wait a minute …
Ah, #9 will make you ideal to pad out my f’list — giving it the appearance of substance with minor effort on my part.
Holy shite. Negative or not, I’m already a year ahead of you on #1, 4, 5, 6, and 9. I think the last novel I read was on the plane from WFC to home (“home” being a toss-up between city and lake these days, but with a Feb 1 date looming as “get rid of all the excess and move!”).
My resolution for 2007 is to say screw the old books and finish the unfinished newest one and start the new hockey/murder/horrible creepy shit book. Or the collaboration book (more really really really creepy shit). Or both.
My New Year’s wishes for you:
1. To sell so much you colleagues insist YOU pay for drinks.
2. To learn to cook a really spectacular company dish that knocks everybody on their asses.
3. To have a totally laid-back year while you wave that can of whup-ass in every direction.
Hah! I like this approach!
He-he…though I like the first part of number 8 😉
*laughs out loud* You rule. 🙂
Finally! A list of resolutions I can live with!
I nearly skipped making resolutions this year until I read your list. Happy New Year!
I don’t get it…what’s wrong with #5?
Heh, only 10 pounds? You wimp. 🙂
now that is original
Hilarious and refreshing.
drnk! drnk! drnk!