Yesterday, I posted very tongue-in-cheek resolutions. (Heck, I can probably make that first one if I eat my way through the cookies pbray sent, the basket jimbutcher sent and the truffles matociquala sent, etc. etc.) I was going to write something deeply thoughtful today. But my head is spinning from having received both very disappointing news on one front and rewarding news on another front. Plus, my phone rang near-continuously all morning as I worked through some (frequently interupted) marketing (4 manuscripts out the door!), so I didn’t get to contracts and correspondence until after 2pm. Ergo, little time for the thinking of deep thoughts. So far, this doesn’t seem to be the year for ’em. Well, maybe tomorrow. At least this year, I’m not starting with a large backlog of contracts. Only a small one. Boy, I sure need to put a dent in the pile of manuscripts awaiting reading, though — and I got a few (just “a few,” mind you) queries while the agency was officially closed for the holidays. Well, as matociquala says “back on your heads” and maybe there will be some reading of pages tonight….
- RT @motomaratai: The problem with problematic yhlee.dreamwidth.org/2298302.html 5 days ago
- RT @nickydrayden: PW Review "a world where genetic manipulation, sentient robots, and folkloric origin stories can coexist plausibly" https… 6 days ago
- RT @BNSciFi: ICYMI, the nominees for @TheHugoAwards were announced today, and we had some thoughts. bit.ly/2oyYx82 https://t.co/s2… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mkcurry: Congratulations to @BBolander on her well-deserved Hugo nomination for “Our Talons Can Crush Galaxies” in the Best Short Story… 2 weeks ago
- Huge congratulations to client @motomaratai for the Hugo nomination for NINEFOX GAMBIT! And many congrats to all the talented nominees! 2 weeks ago