Yesterday, I posted very tongue-in-cheek resolutions. (Heck, I can probably make that first one if I eat my way through the cookies pbray sent, the basket jimbutcher sent and the truffles matociquala sent, etc. etc.) I was going to write something deeply thoughtful today. But my head is spinning from having received both very disappointing news on one front and rewarding news on another front. Plus, my phone rang near-continuously all morning as I worked through some (frequently interupted) marketing (4 manuscripts out the door!), so I didn’t get to contracts and correspondence until after 2pm. Ergo, little time for the thinking of deep thoughts. So far, this doesn’t seem to be the year for ’em. Well, maybe tomorrow. At least this year, I’m not starting with a large backlog of contracts. Only a small one. Boy, I sure need to put a dent in the pile of manuscripts awaiting reading, though — and I got a few (just “a few,” mind you) queries while the agency was officially closed for the holidays. Well, as matociquala says “back on your heads” and maybe there will be some reading of pages tonight….
- Congratulations to all the Hugo Award winners and the many talented nominees! locusmag.com/News/2017/08/2… 1 week ago
- I can't believe this still needs saying - but please, in your query/submission, don't trash the genre in which you're writing... (1/5) 4 weeks ago
- RT @saladinahmed: so um this December you'll be able to read a STAR WARS novella by...me! ew.com/books/2017/07/… 4 weeks ago
- RT @TorDotComPub: SPOTTED: ALL SYSTEMS RED by @marthawells1 made @amazonbooks's best #sciencefiction & #fantasy of 2017 list! https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- RT @nickydrayden: Nothing to see here. nytimes.com/2017/07/14/boo… 1 month ago