Didn’t win the ARC contest? Well, you can still get a signed bookplate direct from the author. But you will need to follow the instructions from the author below…
VIRTUAL BOOKSIGNING FOR 2014
It’s time for the annual bookplate offer to celebrate the launch of books in 2014, especially the launch of Murder of Crows, the second novel about the Others.
Since I try to learn from past experience, here are the rules:
1. This offer ends begins on Thursday, February 20 and ends on Sunday, February 23, 2014, at 8 P.M. US Eastern Time.
2. Quantities are limited, so only one bookplate per person.
3. You MUST put “bookplate” in the subject line of your email and send the request to me at email@example.com.
4. If your name and/or address has any accent marks (especially if you use a yahoo or hotmail account), please please please send your mailing information with the appropriate accents (on the odd chance that they come through correctly) AND also put that information in the same email WITHOUT any accent marks.
example: Anñe versus Anne
If I can’t tell what your name is, you will not receive a bookplate.
5. I need a full mailing address in this order:
street address (if second line is needed)
town state zip code (or the equivalent of those things)
country (if outside the U.S.)
The mailing labels are limited to five lines, so please make adjustments to accommodate that limit. And please type carefully. What you send me is what the post office gets. If they reject the address for any reason, there is nothing more I can do.
6. If you don’t receive a confirmation email within 72 hours, please resend your request. (But keep in mind that I’m still finishing the third book about the Others, so my response time may be slower.)
7. Yes, I will send bookplates to fans outside the U.S.
8. Remember the biggest rule of all! Requests must be sent to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org