Here’s a few things collected up over the holidays and in these first few days of the new year to share….
* Go to Waterloo Productions site to see the early trailer for the documentary for Lakeside, about author Jay Lake, his writing, his daughter, and his fight with cancer.
* Elizabeth Bear on The pitfalls of history: “One of the great lies of science fiction is the idea that we are writing for the future.”
* Mary Robinette Kowal reports on her reading at KGB last month and provides important information on how to make entrails. Indeed, the set she made is available in the Fearful Symmetries Kickstarter (still some hours left to support this anthology and as of this posting, the entrails were still available).
* A Nicky Drayden guest blog in which she elaborates on how patience is a kind of bravery.
* Saladin Ahmed discusses world building in his essay “At Home in Fantasy’s Nerd-Built Worlds” (npr.org).