On this day of June 1st in history…
* Superman, the world’s first super hero, appeared in the first issue of Action Comics.
* Author C.E. Murphy was born! (Wish her a happy birthday at @ce_murphy)
* In the Peanuts comic strip, Linus’ security blanket made its debut.
* In Britain, “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” was released by the Beatles. It was released June 2 in the U.S.
* The James Bond movie “Live and Let Die” opened.
* The Phoenix Mars Lander became the first NASA spacecraft to scoop Martian soil.
* Jennifer Jackson started her career at the Donald Maass Literary Agency.
To celebrate, I’ll be giving away some books. Here’s how to enter:
Post a comment on this entry and tell me what you would give me as a gift for an agent anniversary. (No actual gift giving required to enter.)
Two winners will be chosen. The first winner will be chosen at random and will have first choice of available books (see below). The second winner will be chosen based on which gift suggestion in my sole judgement is the “awesomest” and most clever, and will get to choose from the remaining available books.
Contest runs from now until Sunday, June 3rd, 5pm Eastern. International entries accepted. One comment entry per person.
– Bridge of Dreams by Anne Bishop (hardcover)
– Ghost Story by Jim Butcher (hardcover)
– Drowning City by Amanda Downum (pb)
– Dead Harvest by Chris F. Holm (pb)
– God’s War by Kameron Hurley (trade)
– Truthseeker by C.E. Murphy (trade)
– Clementine by Cherie Priest (trade)
– Heart of Iron by Ekaterina Sedia (trade)
– The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells (trade)