In support of this endeavour, I am offering a special query letter #LetterMo. Due to the nature of this proposal, the kind and beneficent Mary Robinette Kowal has given me a variance on rule #2 (see official site here and sign up to participate in the challenge). I will only be responding to the queries received once and not engaging in additional correspondence (unless, of course, I request your manuscript).
So, here’s the restructured challenge to allow for my participation:
1. Mail your query via post to this address:
Jennifer Jackson / #lettermo
Donald Maass Literary Agency
121 West 27th Street, Suite 801
New York, NY 10001
2. The query MUST follow my guidelines, which means it MUST include a one-page query letter, the first five pages of the novel manuscript, and a 1-5 page synopsis. It must also include an SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for reply.
3. I encourage the submission of new projects. If the project has been previously queried to me, it must be significantly revised and have been more than six months previous.
4. Submissions must fall into genres normally represented by me. Novel-length fiction ONLY. The novel being queried must be completed and polished and ready for submission. Query for one project only.
5. From among these queries, I will randomly choose at least one (1) query per business day in the month of February which will receive a personal response, mailed back via post. This response will include some feedback on either the query itself or the concept of the novel.
6. Any queries not receiving a personal reply will still receive the standard response as per my usual policy of replying to all queries that follow my guidelines.
Please leave any questions in comments.