# of queries read this week: 146
# of partials/manuscripts requested: 1
genre of partials/manuscripts requested: YA
* I had mixed feelings about closing queries. I’d never done it before. But between my injuries and the holidays, something had to give, so I tried it out. And… I still have mixed feelings about it.
* I have now answered all the queries that came in before the hiatus. I didn’t really get a “break” per se since I only completed those at the start of this week, but I must say it’s nice to feel caught up on something for a few moments.
* Discovered that someone who goes through the same service provider as our agency must be using it in a spamming sort of way because I have been repeatedly blocked by comcast. So if you are using a comcast email, I can’t reply to you. This has been going on for at least a week. I’ve filled out the form at comcast to remove us from the spam blocking list several times and by the next morning we are right back on there. Other than that, if you didn’t get a reply and sent your query before Dec 11th, I didn’t get your query.
* During the query hiatus, there were those who, for whatever reason, were not aware of this change of circumstance and sent queries regardless. I had a form response sent to them indicating they could resubmit after queries were open again. This form response included a link to our submission guidelines. Sure enough this morning someone resubmitted. And guess what? They didn’t follow the guidelines. I just don’t understand.
* So, now accepting queries again. Please follow these submission guidelines and send your query to our info email. I’m taking best guesses as to what number the recently empty query inbox will display on Monday….. (I’m told my own pick is too conservative.)