How dependent are you on your internet connection? There must be a quiz for that, right? And secondarily, how dependent on the internet is your job and your efficiency. I found out yesterday. No internet all day. Since I had spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a very busy schedule – pretty much out of the office all day, all I’d done on those two days was answer urgent emails. Didn’t touch anything else online. And yesterday, when I settled down to power through some work, my office had no connection. Turns out the modem needed to be replaced because the service got upgraded and the old modems didn’t like the new tech. Sigh. In any case, that meant no Amazon.com (which I visit far too frequently) and no email. This morning I downloaded about 250 non-spam messages. This could take a while to sort out. I suppose the good news (for some people) is that I did a lot of reading. The “bad” news is that now I need to write the correspondence that results from that much reading. Among other things, I read all the e-queries that I had already downloaded prior. I hope to get the responses all out today. I’ve read 109 this week, and 1 partial requested. I’ve just downloaded another 55 or so….
- RT @motomaratai: The problem with problematic yhlee.dreamwidth.org/2298302.html 5 days ago
- RT @nickydrayden: PW Review "a world where genetic manipulation, sentient robots, and folkloric origin stories can coexist plausibly" https… 6 days ago
- RT @BNSciFi: ICYMI, the nominees for @TheHugoAwards were announced today, and we had some thoughts. bit.ly/2oyYx82 https://t.co/s2… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mkcurry: Congratulations to @BBolander on her well-deserved Hugo nomination for “Our Talons Can Crush Galaxies” in the Best Short Story… 2 weeks ago
- Huge congratulations to client @motomaratai for the Hugo nomination for NINEFOX GAMBIT! And many congrats to all the talented nominees! 2 weeks ago