How dependent are you on your internet connection? There must be a quiz for that, right? And secondarily, how dependent on the internet is your job and your efficiency. I found out yesterday. No internet all day. Since I had spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a very busy schedule – pretty much out of the office all day, all I’d done on those two days was answer urgent emails. Didn’t touch anything else online. And yesterday, when I settled down to power through some work, my office had no connection. Turns out the modem needed to be replaced because the service got upgraded and the old modems didn’t like the new tech. Sigh. In any case, that meant no Amazon.com (which I visit far too frequently) and no email. This morning I downloaded about 250 non-spam messages. This could take a while to sort out. I suppose the good news (for some people) is that I did a lot of reading. The “bad” news is that now I need to write the correspondence that results from that much reading. Among other things, I read all the e-queries that I had already downloaded prior. I hope to get the responses all out today. I’ve read 109 this week, and 1 partial requested. I’ve just downloaded another 55 or so….
- RT @cmpriest: This is my agent, and she is amazeballs at this sort of thing. Bid! For a good cause! twitter.com/arcaedia/statu… 10 hours ago
- RT @longshotauthor: Get a critique from the agent who with one short email gave me advice that changed my book from an all-NYC reject to a… 1 day ago
- Get a 50 page critique from me and donate to hurricane recovery. Bidding started this morning! (Please RT) usvipubfund.com/single-post/20… 1 day ago
- I'm donating a 50 page critique to help those impacted by the hurricanes. Bidding starts tomorrow! @USVIPubFund usvipubfund.com/single-post/20… 2 days ago
- "Stone in the Skull begins a fantastic new saga, reminding us that Elizabeth Bear is truly one of the premier fanta… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago