How dependent are you on your internet connection? There must be a quiz for that, right? And secondarily, how dependent on the internet is your job and your efficiency. I found out yesterday. No internet all day. Since I had spent Tuesday and Wednesday with a very busy schedule – pretty much out of the office all day, all I’d done on those two days was answer urgent emails. Didn’t touch anything else online. And yesterday, when I settled down to power through some work, my office had no connection. Turns out the modem needed to be replaced because the service got upgraded and the old modems didn’t like the new tech. Sigh. In any case, that meant no Amazon.com (which I visit far too frequently) and no email. This morning I downloaded about 250 non-spam messages. This could take a while to sort out. I suppose the good news (for some people) is that I did a lot of reading. The “bad” news is that now I need to write the correspondence that results from that much reading. Among other things, I read all the e-queries that I had already downloaded prior. I hope to get the responses all out today. I’ve read 109 this week, and 1 partial requested. I’ve just downloaded another 55 or so….
- RT @matociquala: I'm so excited about this! 2 days ago
- RT @TorDotComPub: TOMORROW we reveal the cover of Exordia by Seth Dickinson! https://t.co/bRrR6HCss9 3 days ago
- RT @HarperVoyagerUS: As we go into the weekend, and the cold hits you hard, it may be a great time to support some amazing Black authors an… 5 days ago
- RT @neonhemlock: So excited to share the cover of @IoriKusano's HYBRID HEART (illustrated by the incredible @natsu_illust) over at @premee… 1 week ago
- RT @matociquala: Throwanotherbearinthecanoe Newsletter: Cheap ebook of THE STONE IN THE SKULL! Locus Recommended List appearance by THE ORI… 1 week ago