Yes, Virginia, literary agents take vacations too. And I took one off the grid for nearly two weeks. Yesterday was my first day back and I barely made it online anyway. My post-vacation assessment is looking crammed: 6 contracts to review, nearly 200 e-queries that came in while I was gone, and 30+ pounds of snailmail. Wow. I think it might take me a few minutes (ha) to get things up to speed and have the office feeling organized again. I started into a new manuscript last night already. I didn’t take anything but actual real books on my trip, none of which were by clients. I read 6…
* No Regrets by Shannon K. Butcher (romantic suspense)
* The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld (historical mystery)
* Move Under Ground by Nick Mamatas (er…. Lovecraftian Kerouacian fiction)
* On the Fifth Day by A.J. Hartley (thriller)
* Ceremony in Death by J.D. Robb (futuristic romantic suspense police procedural)
* Spook Country by William Gibson (thriller)
And parts of Inside the Criminal Mind by Stanton E. Samenow.
I did other things too. But, no time to get into that now. Busy, busy….