I’ve spent the better part of today drafting a pitch and marketing plan for a new project. I fell asleep thinking about it last night and I think I was dreaming about it which I think helped me get a headstart. I’m more efficient than I was five years ago. Plus I also have a broader editorial contact base so that can also speed things up. Still, I find it a sometimes time consuming process which takes several passes until I’m satisfied, and I always want to be at my sharpest since this is the first impression the project is going to make on an editor. Somewhere in the midst of working that up today, it occurred to me to wonder – how long does an author figure they spend on average writing a query and getting it ready to send out, which may be a somewhat similar task?
- Just got my hands on an ARC - looking forward to reading! twitter.com/_vajra/status/… 1 day ago
- Coming in November! twitter.com/TorDotComPub/s… 4 days ago
- More Murderbot coming your way! twitter.com/TorDotComPub/s… 4 days ago
- RT @IoriKusano: specifically, MY cover, which i cannot wait to show everyone soon!! Natsujirushi is fabulous to work with and i highly reco… 2 weeks ago
- I am very excited about this! One of the other books was my introduction to @marthawells1 work. Book dealer Larry S… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago