And I’m back. My plan to go after the morning rush and before the lunch break crowd worked perfectly. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I live in a pretty small town and only the upper half of it votes at my location. So, short line for me. But I’ve done my part. While I was waiting I moved a bit further in _The Eyre Affair_, which caulay gave me almost a year ago. In any case, I had questions popping into my head as I stood there, and thought it might be interesting to find out if anyone in my friends list was interested in answering them. Maybe it will become my first meme. If anyone has questions to add, let me know….
1. Did you vote?
2. If not, why not?
3. Where do you go to vote?
4. Any problems getting in?
5. How is voting done in your location?
6. How long did you have to wait in line?
7. Did you get anything for voting?
8. lintra adds: Did you see anyone get challenged at the polls, or were you challenged? – she did and mentions it here.
9. From javenallese: Were there any mechanical/electronic problems with the polling equipment?
1 – You betcha
2 – N/A
3 – A church (isn’t that ironic?)
4 – Not a one.
5 – On election day, with the machine with the curtain and the lever
6 – Only 10 minutes, if you can believe it!
7 – The ubiquitous sticker and satisfaction.
8 – Nope.
9 – Not that I could tell.
And, now, the waiting…..